TCA Chemical Peel
TCA CHEMICAL PEEL BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
CHEMICAL PEEL: BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
• Inform the esthetician if you have taken Accutane (oral acne medication) in the past year.
• Cease application of all topical retinoids, or Vitamin A derivative products 7-10 days before treatment.
• Cease use of all Glycolic or chemical exfoliants 14 days before treatment.
• Cease use of all mechanical exfoliants, such as scrubs 14 days before treatment.
• Avoid facial waxing 14 days before treatment.
• Avoid sun exposure without a sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater. Avoid tanning beds.
THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
• Allow 45 minutes for your appointment.
• Pre-Treatment photos will be taken.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Peeling for 3-5 days.
- Mild Itching, irritation, redness, increased sensitivity.
- Small whiteheads.
- Crusting is rare; however if it does occur, a thin layer of over-the-counter antibiotic ointment such as Polysporin® can be applied 2-3 times a day for 3 days. Please call us if you experience this uncommon reaction.
- Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin color) can occur in some skin types. Please call us if you experience this uncommon reaction
- Your skin will have darker spots in some places this is due to you having more damage in that area. it is ok to see that it just means it is pulling out damage from under your skin. YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN
CHEMICAL PEEL: WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
Keep your skin well hydrated with a protective face cleanser and Moisturizer, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO LEAVE WITH (SANITAS SKIN CARE) SENSITIVE FACE CLEANSER AND SENSITIVE MOISTURIZER (OR TOPICAL C MOISTURIZER). You need to have this to help with the healing process of your skin after your TCA Chemical Peel, and to maintain the integrity of your skin. The TCA peel that we use is produced by Sanitas Skincare, and the aftercare products are designed by Sanitas, to support your skin during recovery.
- YOU WILL WASH YOUR FACE EVERY MORNING AND NIGHT YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING YOUR MOISTURIZER REALLY HEAVILY AT NIGHT TIME. AS WELL MAKE SURE YOU ARE MIXING YOUR SPF IN WITH YOUR MOISTURIZER IN THE MORNING.
- Expect your skin to appear pink for a few hours after treatment.
- Your skin may be temperature sensitive for a few days after treatment.
- You will be given a cool compress to apply after treatment if required.
- Make-up may be applied to cover redness as needed 2 days after your peel.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the treated area and use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater for 1-2 weeks after your treatment.
- Avoid using abrasive products such as scrubs or exfoliating sponges for 7 -10 days.
- Avoid products such as retinols and glycolic acid for a minimum of 10 days.
- Vitamin C Serums may be resumed after 48 hours.
MAXIMIZING BENEFITS OF YOUR TREATMENT
Our Skin Care Specialists will review and compose a simple, customized skin care program for your skin once your skin has healed to maintain the desired results. A quality, daily home skin care regime will ensure that you maximize and maintain the benefits of your treatment.
I have read and understand the pre and post peel instructions
Client Signature: _________________________________________ Date:_____________
Esthetician Signature: _____________________________________ Date: ______________
See the Consent For Treatment form below that you will be required to complete prior to any treatment.
CACTUS WAX STUDIO
Medium-Depth Chemical Peel Information & Consent for Treatment (TCA)
Name of Patient: _____________________________________________ Date:______________
Type of Chemical Peel: _________________ Date of Service______________________
Esthetician Administering Treatment: ……………………………………………………………..
Risks and Complications
Complications could potentially occur with chemical peels. Careful attention to the Esthetician’s instructions is imperative. Contact the office immediately if any of the following occur.
______ Skin infections (pus, oozing, fever)
______ Appearance of a cold sore on the lips or any portion of the peeled area (Note: the cold sore can spread if not cared for immediately.)
______ Allergic reaction or irritation to any of the creams or medications
______ Wind or sun sensitivity
______ Extreme reactions such as scarring or keloids
______ Increase or decrease in skin pigmentation which does not blend with normal skin after healing from the treatment
Consent for treatment
I voluntarily request a chemical peel treatment by a State of Colorado licensed and certified Esthetician, at Cactus Wax Studio LLC.
- The procedure, and aftercare process, have been explained to me,
- Any questions regarding such treatment, its alternative, its complications, and potential risks, have been answered by a licensed esthetician. (My questions have been fully and completely answered for me)
- The information that I have been given has been in terms clear to me
- I understand the risks and complications of the treatments.
- I have read this document and understand its contents.
- I am over 18
- I understand the aftercare treatment recommended to me
- For my own safety and benefit, I agree to carry out my aftercare regimen as explained to me
As part of your treatment process, the correct aftercare is imperative. PLEASE REMEMBER TO PICK UP YOUR PRODUCTS BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE STUDIO.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PURCHASE OF YOUR AFTERCARE PRODUCT IS A MANDATORY PART OF THIS PROCESS. (THESE PRODUCTS WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF YOUR FIRST TCA PEEL AT CACTUS WAX STUDIO). WE CANNOT ADMINISTER YOUR PEEL TREATMENT WITHOUT YOUR AGREEMENT AND COMPLIANCE IN UTILIZING THE PROVIDED AFTERCARE PRODUCTS.
YOU WILL BE GIVEN SENSITIVE FACE CLEANSER, SENSITIVE MOISTURIZER AND/OR TOPICAL C MOISTURIZER, FROM SANITAS SKIN CARE.
We want you to feel 100% comfortable with your professional treatment at Cactus Wax Studio. You are strongly advised of the following:
- DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT AND FEEL THAT YOU UNDERSTAND IT.
- PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE BEFORE SIGNING THIS FORM.
- DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM IF YOU HAVE TAKEN MEDICATIONS WHICH MAY IMPAIR YOUR DECISION MAKING ABILITIES, OR IF YOU FEEL RUSHED, OR UNDER PRESSURE.
I hereby give my unrestricted informed consent for this procedure.
Client’s Name (Printed) …………………………………………………………….…………
Client’s Signature: _____________________________________ Date: ___________________
Esthetician Signature: _____________________________________ Date: _________________